Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Game plan for 'In Demand'


If an investor gave me $200,000 in two years to turn my game into a reality I would. I would, however, pay back the money if I failed. 

To get started, I would spend time laying out exactly how I would want my game to work. Theme and storyline aside, I need to know the general mechanisms to make the game I want to function. Once I have that down, I would start conducting research on other game developers with a product similar to what I wish to do. For me, I would want to test out and get an idea of what it is I’m hoping to accomplish.

As I go further into the research phase, I would want to start learning basic coding in order to get a general understanding of how a game works. At this point, I would want to also start merging into the pre-production phase of seeking out advice and potential team members. Drawing from their experience, I would also need to assess what exactly my role would be beyond giving orders. How could my idea be turned into a product, even if something were to take place over the next two years? Contingency plans are needed for a project such a this. 

Once I have all of this established and a clear game plan set, I would begin investing money into hiring a team to help with the game creation. This would initiate the production phase. For one, I would need someone proficient in coding and someone with a more artistic vision. Assuming I am working on the story development portion of the project, these other two team members would take charge of the coding aspect and the artistic aspect of the project. 

To me, this team of three would ideally handle most of the project and get it to a place where it can be tested. Enlisting beta testers and friends to test out the game (ideally for a low to free cost), would help if understanding not only what works, but if the concept itself if viable. After all of the testing is complete and the final project is made, the remainder of the cash would go into potentially hiring a marketing member to promote the game. 

This seems straight forward, but with two years to complete, there is bound to be plenty of obstacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment